Tuesday 18 February 2014

#NYFW #LFW edit

















There is something about cold weather that brings out a certain spark fashion-wise. Perusing through the street style images from New York and London Fashion week, I am suddenly craving the temperature to decline just a little so I can put some of this inspiration into action. 

Since the more wearable fashions are derived from the street, my new season forecast consists of architectural shapes, most prominent through coats, fur and oversized scarves. Oh the coats- I need that mint green one, despite the fact that there are probably only 2 Sydney days a year when it would be cold enough to wear it...

Regardless, my own winter edit may need at least one coat purchase, to step up from my usual army jacket situation, updated for 2014 through massive scarves, preferably in tartan, and an abundance of faux fur.

Never mind the fact that I am skipping a month of Aussie winter for a European summer- it seems I will have slightly less time to create the perfect winter fashion edit (and decidedly more time to frolic on the sands of Mykonos...)

In the meantime, I will be more than happy for a few cool days here and there especially if there is hot tea, warm scarves and at least one of the above outfits involved.

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment